About Recorder Lessons
Private woodwind lessons are a great supplement to middle and high school band programs or for adults who have always wanted to learn or have previously played a woodwind instrument. Our instructors customize every lesson to fit the goals, learning styles, and personalities of each student.
how it works
We currently offer recorder lessons virtually
- All of our virtual lessons take place through Google Meet and are accessible on a computer, tablet, or mobile device. You do not need to have a Google account to be able to access the lesson.
- The link for your lesson will be emailed to you every Monday or can be found through your TeacherZone account.
- At your lesson time, you can click on the link and click ‘Ask to Join’ and your instructor will let you into the meeting.
- If for any reason you need help accessing the meeting, give our friendly front desk staff a call and they are more than happy to answer any questions.
For the safety of our students and staff we have made some changes to our in-person lessons:
- Students and instructors must wear face coverings during the lesson
- Hand sanitizer is available for use before and after lessons
- Please wait outside until your instructor is ready
- Lessons will end 5 minutes early to allow for proper cleaning and sanitizing of the rooms
- At this time, voice and woodwind lessons are not available in-person
our recorder instructors
Sarah was born in central California and moved to Oregon a week after she turned 18. Despite not being born here...
Sarah was born in central California and moved to Oregon a week after she turned 18. Despite not being born here, she still considers herself an Oregonian. She first started playing clarinet when she was 10 years old and has picked up various other instruments throughout high school and college. She graduated from Marylhurst University with a degree in music composition and singing. Sarah has previously performed with the Mariposa Symphony at the Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite National Park and currently performs with the semi-professional choir, Voci Dorate.
Sarah's Favorite Part of Teaching
“I love being able to figure out how people's brains work and then teaching them in a way that will make the most sense to them. I love seeing students being passionate about music.”
A Fun Fact About Sarah
All of Sarah's houseplants have funny names. She has a string of pearls succulent named Glenn Miller and a lemon tree named Snicket.
Instruments Sarah Teaches
In-person and virtual lessons
- $125 per month for a 30 min. lesson each week.
- One time $25 registration fee.
- 10% discount to students who take longer than 30 minute lessons or to families with more than one student.
- $78 per student per month for a 30 min. lesson each week.
- One time $25 registration fee.
What sets us apart
We offer private one-on-one music lessons for all ages and skill levels. Our dedicated instructors are experienced in customizing each lesson to fit the individual needs of each student. We have over 10 instructors teaching more than 15 different instruments, and a full-time front desk staff available for all of your scheduling needs.
Inquire about recorder lessons
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.