About Cello Lessons
String instruments are an excellent and accessible starting point for young musicians as there are a variety of instrument sizes available to help with ease of play. Private lessons are also a great way to supplement group and orchestra classes as they provide tailored one-on-one instruction in an encouraging, personalized, and supportive learning environment. Instruments are available to rent from our in-house violin shop Quartet Violins.
how it works
We currently offer cello lessons virtually and in-person (limited to availability)
- All of our virtual lessons take place through Google Meet and are accessible on a computer, tablet, or mobile device. You do not need to have a Google account to be able to access the lesson.
- The link for your lesson will be emailed to you every Monday or can be found through your TeacherZone account.
- At your lesson time, you can click on the link and click ‘Ask to Join’ and your instructor will let you into the meeting.
- If for any reason you need help accessing the meeting, give our friendly front desk staff a call and they are more than happy to answer any questions.
For the safety of our students and staff we have made some changes to our in-person lessons:
- Students and instructors must wear face coverings during the lesson
- Hand sanitizer is available for use before and after lessons
- Please wait outside until your instructor is ready
- Lessons will end 5 minutes early to allow for proper cleaning and sanitizing of the rooms
- At this time, voice and woodwind lessons are not available in-person
Our cello instructors
Angela has over 25 years of performing experience in the realms of chamber, orchestral, and solo music. Angela has...
Angela has over 25 years of performing experience in the realms of chamber, orchestral, and solo music. Angela has a passion for - and extensive experience in - playing chamber music. While obtaining her undergraduate degree, she and her string quartet were semi-finalists in the National Fischoff Chamber Music Competition. She has participated in cello and quartet masterclasses given by professionals from the US and around the world and has been principal cellist in numerous orchestras. Angela's cello instruction incorporates the repertoire from the Suzuki Cello Method as well as additional materials which she has used successfully with students of all ages. She encourages her students to develop strong music-reading skills and music theory understanding along with developing a solid foundation in cello technique.
Angela's Favorite Part of Teaching
“I love watching my students grow as musicians and getting to be a part of the process.”
A Fun Fact About Angela
Angela loves painting, gardening, and learning languages.
Instruments Angela Teaches
Darrell was born in Longview, Washington and started playing the piano at age 6. At age 12 he took up the violin and...
Darrell was born in Longview, Washington and started playing the piano at age 6. At age 12 he took up the violin and began singing at the age of 16. He received a Bachelor of Arts in Music from the University of Puget Sound and a Masters degree in Voice from Rice University in Houston, Texas. Darrell has performed in lead roles in several operas and has been featured as a violin soloist with numerous orchestras over the years.
Darrell's Favorite Part of Teaching
“I love witnessing the moment a student realizes they actually do have the ability to play or sing something beautifully. When their individual talent and style emerges.”
A Fun Fact About Darrell
Darrell has an excessively talkative, yet musically appreciative, cat.
Instruments Darrell Teaches
In-person and virtual lessons
- $125 per month for a 30 min. lesson each week.
- One time $25 registration fee.
- 10% discount to students who take longer than 30 minute lessons or to families with more than one student.
- $78 per student per month for a 30 min. lesson each week.
- One time $25 registration fee.
What sets us apart
We offer private one-on-one music lessons for all ages and skill levels. Our dedicated instructors are experienced in customizing each lesson to fit the individual needs of each student. We have over 10 instructors teaching more than 15 different instruments, and a full-time front desk staff available for all of your scheduling needs.
Sign up now for cello lessons
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.