About Double Bass Lessons
String instruments are an excellent and accessible starting point for young musicians as there are a variety of instrument sizes available to help with ease of play. Private lessons are also a great way to supplement group and orchestra classes as they provide tailored one-on-one instruction in an encouraging, personalized, and supportive learning environment. Instruments are available to rent from our in-house violin shop Quartet Violins.
how it works
We currently offer double bass lessons virtually and in-person (limited to availability)
- All of our virtual lessons take place through Google Meet and are accessible on a computer, tablet, or mobile device. You do not need to have a Google account to be able to access the lesson.
- The link for your lesson will be emailed to you every Monday or can be found through your TeacherZone account.
- At your lesson time, you can click on the link and click ‘Ask to Join’ and your instructor will let you into the meeting.
- If for any reason you need help accessing the meeting, give our friendly front desk staff a call and they are more than happy to answer any questions.
For the safety of our students and staff we have made some changes to our in-person lessons:
- Students and instructors must wear face coverings during the lesson
- Hand sanitizer is available for use before and after lessons
- Please wait outside until your instructor is ready
- Lessons will end 5 minutes early to allow for proper cleaning and sanitizing of the rooms
- At this time, voice and woodwind lessons are not available in-person
Our double bass instructors
Kyle grew up in West Linn and started playing music when he was 12. He began writing songs with friends and playing...
Kyle grew up in West Linn and started playing music when he was 12. He began writing songs with friends and playing in bands and eventually went on to play in the Portland Youth Philharmonic. He studied Classical Music Performance with an emphasis on double bass at Portland State University School of Music. He currently performs in many local orchestras in the Portland metro area and has composed several pieces of music for solo string bass.
Kyle's Favorite Part of Teaching
“Being a witness to the individual growth of students, and learning how to better serve communities creatively.”
A Fun Fact About Kyle
Kyle is an avid outdoors enthusiast. When he is not playing or writing music, you can find him outside hiking, biking, or climbing in nature.
Instruments Kyle Teaches
In-person and virtual lessons
- $125 per month for a 30 min. lesson each week.
- One time $25 registration fee.
- 10% discount to students who take longer than 30 minute lessons or to families with more than one student.
- $78 per student per month for a 30 min. lesson each week.
- One time $25 registration fee.
What sets us apart
We offer private one-on-one music lessons for all ages and skill levels. Our dedicated instructors are experienced in customizing each lesson to fit the individual needs of each student. We have over 10 instructors teaching more than 15 different instruments, and a full-time front desk staff available for all of your scheduling needs.
Inquire about double bass lessons
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.