About Drum Lessons
Drummers are the heartbeat of any band, and the soul of any song. Drum students can learn to rock, roll, or swing with our highly trained instructors in an encouraging and supportive learning environment. Beginner or advanced, child or adult, our instructors tailor every lesson to fit the individual goals, learning styles, skill levels, and personalities of each student.
how it works
We currently offer drum lessons virtually and in-person (limited to availability)
- All of our virtual lessons take place through Google Meet and are accessible on a computer, tablet, or mobile device. You do not need to have a Google account to be able to access the lesson.
- The link for your lesson will be emailed to you every Monday or can be found through your TeacherZone account.
- At your lesson time, you can click on the link and click ‘Ask to Join’ and your instructor will let you into the meeting.
- If for any reason you need help accessing the meeting, give our friendly front desk staff a call and they are more than happy to answer any questions.
For the safety of our students and staff we have made some changes to our in-person lessons:
- Students and instructors must wear face coverings during the lesson
- Hand sanitizer is available for use before and after lessons
- Please wait outside until your instructor is ready
- Lessons will end 5 minutes early to allow for proper cleaning and sanitizing of the rooms
- At this time, voice and woodwind lessons are not available in-person
Our drum instructors
Kylle is originally from Nampa, Idaho. He started playing drums around 12 years old and picked up both guitar and...
Kylle is originally from Nampa, Idaho. He started playing drums around 12 years old and picked up both guitar and piano shortly after. He received his Bachelors degree in Percussion Performance from Idaho State University in 2017 and is currently working on receiving his Masters of Music in Music Composition from Central Washington University. Kylle took second place in the Portland Percussion Group’s 2015-2016 ’Call for Scores’ for his piece Oaxacan Fantasy, which premiered in June of 2016.
Kylle's Favorite Part of Teaching
“I love the opportunity to get to know my students. While I enjoy the music we get to make in lessons, I love seeing my students' personalities come out and flourish with each new lesson.”
A Fun Fact About Kylle
Kylle loves spending time outdoors both camping and hiking. In fact, in June of 2020 he summited Mt. St. Helens.
Instruments Kylle Teaches
In-person and virtual lessons
Dave grew up on the east coast, moved to Oregon and has been here ever since. He credits starting drum lessons at age...
Dave grew up on the east coast, moved to Oregon and has been here ever since. He credits starting drum lessons at age 10 as one of the best decisions he has ever made as it has provided him with a creative outlet, friends, good memories, leadership experience, and the ability to work together and communicate with people in a deep way. While attending Lewis & Clark College, he honed his skills in Jazz and Percussion Ensembles, Wind Symphony and West African Rhythms Group. He has written and performed with his band, Yeah Great Fine. Currently, he spends his time performing and writing music for several groups in the Portland area.
Dave's Favorite Part of Teaching
“Getting to witness, over and over, those ‘a-ha’ moments where a student crosses the threshold from ‘I don't get it’ to ‘I can do it!’ It can be scary and frustrating to try something you don't know how to do, so when I can see things click for a student I get excited; I know exactly how rewarding it is to do something you didn't know how to do just a minute ago.”
A Fun Fact About Dave
A couple years ago Dave adopted an elderly cat named Precious and claims she is the best cat in America.
Instruments Dave Teaches
- $125 per month for a 30 min. lesson each week.
- One time $25 registration fee.
- 10% discount to students who take longer than 30 minute lessons or to families with more than one student.
- $78 per student per month for a 30 min. lesson each week.
- One time $25 registration fee.
What sets us apart
We offer private one-on-one music lessons for all ages and skill levels. Our dedicated instructors are experienced in customizing each lesson to fit the individual needs of each student. We have over 10 instructors teaching more than 15 different instruments, and a full-time front desk staff available for all of your scheduling needs.
Inquire about drum lessons
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.